Silent and open participations for innovative founders with company headquarters and workplaces in the state of Bremen are awarded with the help of the Initial Fund.
Who can be funded?
- Innovative founders with a company headquarters and jobs in the state of Bremen (SME status as defined by the EU Commission) with a future-proof and sustainable concept and closed overall financing.
- Companies must not be older than three years.
According to KfW, micro businesses are companies with
- fewer than 10 employees and
- annual turnover or an annual balance sheet total of maximum 2 million Euro.
Small businesses are companies with
- fewer than 50 employees and
- annual turnover or an annual balance sheet total of maximum 10 million Euro.
Medium-sized businesses are companies with
- fewer than 250 employees and
- annual turnover of maximum 50 million Euro or an annual balance sheet total of maximum 43 million Euro.
What can be funded?
- Technology-oriented and/or innovative start-ups
How can funding be provided?
The equity capital is made available through BAB's subsidiary, BAB Beteiligungs- und Managementgesellschaft Bremen mbH (BBM), in the form of silent and open participations:
Participation as a typical silent partnership contribution
- Maximum participation amount of 750,000 Euro per twelve-month period and company. The total financing volume per company is a maximum of 1.2 million Euro.
- Term usually up to eight years with a three-year repayment phase at the end of the term.
Participation as an open contribution
- Exclusively as a minority shareholder
- Also together with a private co-investor under the same conditions
- Investment volume as sole investor up to 200,000 Euro, in co-investment up to 750,000.00 Euro
- Participation in profits and increases in value, no annual remuneration
A combination of silent and open investments is possible.