It’s not always easy to get funding. The micro credit grants founders and small businesses in the state of Bremen a loan that covers limited capital needs of up to 125,000 Euro. The micro credit addresses the funding needs of start-up projects, existing companies and freelancers, regardless of the sector, primarily for projects with low capital requirements and a weak creditworthiness rating. If your main bank refuses funding, for example, because you have no or only little equity or no (adequate) collateral, then talk to us about it.
This programme is co-funded with resources from the European Fund for Regional Development/EFRD loan fund or from the KfW (ERP StartGeld founders’ loan).
Who can receive funding?
Private individuals, freelancers, small businesses.
What can be funded?
Funds can be provided for
- investment and project-related equipment in the context of starting a business or taking over a small business/freelance existence,
- investment and project-related equipment for the further development, expansion or extension of an existing small business/freelance existence,
- projects with total capital requirement of up to 125,000 Euro.
As a rule, the funds are provided for a lack of capital when the main bank is not going along with the financial arrangements.
How can funding be provided?
With loans from funds of the BAB – the funding bank for Bremen and Bremerhaven or from the KfW (ERP StartGeld founders’ loan).
The term of the loan is up to 10 years with a grace period of up to 2 years. The current interest rate for funds from the BAB is 3.30 %. Please look here for the interest rate for funds from the KfW (ERP StartGeld founders’ loan).
Principles of granting credit:
- The headquarters of the company and the project being funded are in the state of Bremen.
- Priority should be given to other funding options.
- The funding application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- There is no legal right to funding.
BIS Bremerhavener Gesellschaft für Investitionsförderung und Stadtentwicklung mbH
+49 (0)471 94646 – 922